Full time/part time for all locations...
Nurse Assistant Program Instructor LVN
We are looking for an LVN/LPN with at least 2 years’ experience in long term care to join our team instructing the Nursing Assistant Program. Clinical instruction is provided in long-term care settings. Full Time Position is available in Trophy Club, Texas area. May be required to teach on evenings and weekends. The Instructor Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
- Develop relationships with business and industry.
- Complete program evaluation and follow-up.
- Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Following lesson plans and strictly adhering to hourly program requirements
- Delivering course content in a professional and thorough manner
- Grading and recording test scores and class attendance accurately
- Communicating with representatives at teaching facility and with administrative staff
- Leading by example and representing as a positive role model for students in regards to punctuality, respect and compassion.
- Promote a professional and positive learning environment
Work Skills Required
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Schedule flexibility
- Strong ability to multi task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to focus and effectively manage time
- High level of professional organization
- Team player
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude!!!
- Previous teaching experience, preferred
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Two years’ experience working in long term care
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without restrictions
- Ability to bend and squat
- Proof of negative TB test or chest x-ray upon hire
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude!
- Hold an LVN license in the State of Texas
Salary commensurate with occupational experience and educational preparation
To apply to the position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-310-1100.